I just watched this nice video on how to trick Excel into making a Gantt chart.
It’s not that the process seems difficult, it’s just very time consuming:
- Create your task list, with start dates, durations and end dates.
- Create a stacked bar chart form this data.
- Modify your bar chart to make the start dates invisible.
- Modify your bar chart to make the tasks appear in the correct order (in ascending order of start date).
- Modify your bar chart legends so the right date range is used.
- Modify your bar chart axis divisions so that you can easily see if some tasks overlap.