Document Sharing in AceProject: File Upload, Locking and Versionning
Upload documents to projects and tasks and share them with other users. Documents can be locked and even made public.
A project often requires consulting additional documentation. Instead of emailing documents to multiple users and having issues with their antivirus or their inbox storage space limitations, you can simply upload the documents you need on AceProject's servers. This way the documents are available to all assigned users to the project or task with the appropriate access rights. They can download the shared documents at anytime, from anywhere. You can even upload an updated version of a document.
Project documents are associated with a specific project while task documents are associated with a specific task in a project.
- Project Documents can be managed in a folder tree view. Create as many folders and sub-folders as you need.
- Users can lock documents to protect them from deletion or modification by other users.
- A document can be made public or private. A public document can be viewed by anyone while a private one requires to login to AceProject.
- A description and a version number can be given to the file. This helps keep track of iterations made to a document.
- Deleted documents can be recovered within 30 days.
- Up to 15 documents can be uploaded simultaneously.