Last week I had the pleasure of meeting Bruno Larouche from Génération Agile. He helps businesses implement agile methodologies. We had a conversation on Twitter earlier about AceProject’s compatibility with agile project management.
Bruno gave us a very enlightening presentation. While I had read about agile before, I don’t think I had ever had the chance to talk with someone who lives and breathes agile. One thing that hit me as Bruno was explaining what agile project management was about, is the importance of the human in Agile development methodologies.
What I learned about Agile project management and humans
- Agile is about adapting to change. The Agile project team must react to changing conditions in our environment.
- Agile project management stresses fulfilling a need. It’s important to manage stakeholders’ expectations well.
- It’s crucial to involve the client (or at least a representative of the end users) early in the process. There’s no point in asking for feedback when it’s too late to change anything.
- Communication and motivation are essential to deliver early and often.
- The project manager is never […]