Every time we release a new version, it is based upon our customers’ comments and suggestions. Once again, we have added the features you need because you are the users. We believe in the efficiency and power of our software, but we do not want to impose our ideas on you.
- We finally release our Task Reminder feature officially. This feature used to be available upon request only. This feature, which is set by Administrators, allows users to receive an email notification that reminds them when tasks they are assigned to are “soon due” or “overdue”.
- In addition to the current “Move a Task” feature, it is now possible to copy a task into another project or within the same project. This feature is useful if you wish to re-use a task’s parameters in another project or within the same project.
- The “Show/Hide Columns” feature provides users the exact display they wish to get. In fact, you can now decide which columns will be displayed and which columns will be used to sort the “My Tasks”, “Incomplete Tasks” and Completed Tasks” lists.
- Fields and filters can now be remembered, for each user, in the “My Tasks”, “Incomplete Tasks” and “Completed Tasks” pages.
- Export has been enhanced. In addition to the current Microsoft Excel format, it is now possible to export data in CSV format. This makes CSV import easier and gives users more flexibility, by providing them another alternative. Moreover, some field names have changed for importation and exportation. We suggest you keep an eye on that if you use these features.
- The “Calendar” has been enhanced. In addition to the “Monthly View”, the “Weekly View” is now available. This way, tasks are listed on a per-day basis for a particular week. Moreover, in the “Monthly View”, the task summary is now displayed instead of the task number only. This ensures a clearer display and gives a better overview of deadlines.
- Foreign characters are now supported in Hosted Pro, Hosted Gold and Source Code packages. From now on, AceProject supports characters from more than 30 languages; among them are featured: Chinese (simplified and traditional), Arabic, Greek, Japanese, Vietnamese, Polish, Thai, and more.
- A rich text editor is now available in the “Message Center” and in “My Notepad”. Thus, it is now possible to add hyperlinks, bold, underline text and more.
- A new date format has been added; yyyy/mm/dd ; 12:00:00 AM (0,0).
- We have standardized the access to project tasks and to project parameters. From now on, wherever you are in AceProject, clicking the project number will bring you to the project parameters while clicking the project name will bring you to the project tasks. This will avoid confusion and save unnecessary clicks.
- The Administration-Limited mode access right has slightly changed. It now provides more rights than before over projects and tasks. We suggest you read the corresponding help topics if you use this access right.
Leave A Comment