This upgrade includes several bug fixes, as well as several enhancements that have been asked by our customers frequently. This upgrade is a good balance of new features and user experience improvement.
- Save clicks when un-assigning users from projects and tasks
- When un-assigning a user from a project, he/she will be automatically un-assigned from all tasks (both incomplete and completed) in that project, both assigned and to review.
- Users can now be un-assigned from completed tasks under “Multiple task assignment”, in the “Edit User Information” page.
- Email notifications at the project level introduced – We are glad to introduce the first two email notifications at the project level. Basically, one notifies specific project assigned users when a “Project Document” is added while the second one notifies users when a reply is posted to a topic, in the discussion forum.
- The 75 Mb file size limit has been removed for “Project Documents” and “File Attachments” – We have removed this limit for allowing users to upload larger files. From now on, users can upload files of any size, as long as your account’s storage space limit is not exceeded.
- A faster rich text editor – We have released a new version for the rich text editor. It is loading faster than the previous version, when a task is open for example. Moreover, the paste as well as the hyperlink windows pop up more quickly. For those who didn’t know already, the paste popup avoids text to be formatted in a strange way, when it comes from the Web, for instance. Thus, users can now start from plain text and format it using the rich text editor.
- Pure Excel export – The export feature now exports users, projects, tasks and time sheets in pure Excel format (.xls). Spreadsheets are no longer in HTML format. This improves compatibility with other applications and facilitates data management.
- Export displayed columns only – When exporting user, project and task lists, the columns that are exported are now the ones displayed on-screen by default, as defined with the “Show/Hide Columns” feature. This lets users work on their spreadsheets with the columns they need only.
- Enhanced formatting for email notifications– The design and the content of all email notifications have been improved. The information is now displayed in a clearer way and hopefully, spam filters should be less likely to block them.
- Other changes:
- Full compatibility with IE 6+, Firefox 2+, Safari 2+ and Opera 9+.
- Completed tasks can now be deleted in the “Completed Tasks” page. Besides, the status of completed tasks can be changed without having to reopen the task. A completed task’s status can also be changed for another completed status.
- Several users can now be assigned to a project simultaneously, with the same access rights.
- New view for the “User Workload Report”: the “Daily View by Project”.
- The information displayed in the “Project Statistics” page has been improved substantially.
- Task statuses are now separated by “type”, in all corresponding drop-down lists.
Leave A Comment