It’s been requested for a long time. After all, cost or part of the project management triangle, along with schedule and scope. While AceProject allows for management of the schedule and the scope of the project, no dollar signs could be found in the application.
That’s about to change
With version 4.8, scheduled for the end of the year, AceProject will include the following cost tracking features:
- Entering an hourly cost rate for each user
- Logging expenses for a task and/or a project
- Entering estimates for expenses as well as hours
- Entering a budget for the project
- Reporting on expenses and labor costs
- Comparison to budget and estimates
- Disabling or enabling both cost tracking and time tracking features at the account level
As development progresses, we’ll share some screen captures with you here.
Our goal is to introduce a way to manage project costs that is simple and user-friendly. Our challenge is to keep AceProject balanced between its ease of use and a comprehensive feature set, and we expect that the cost tracking features will test us on that level.
What do you think? How should we implement cost management in AceProject?