Valentines day has just past. AceProject would like to extend this day and share the love with some new enhancements and fixes that aim to please. Over the past several months you have seen many small changes that enhance the user experience. This month is no different. Our goal is to make your workflow more fluid and provide you with the functionality to make day to day use easier. Many of the enhancements that you see in AceProject come from our users. Although they do not all make it in, we take in and discuss all submissions. Let’s take a look and see what is served up in this update, shall we? Read the Complete Post
Archive: News & Updates Subscribe
Happy (belated) New Year everyone! We here at AceProject wish you all the best for 2014! Hopefully, a few of the latest enhancements that were released on January 15th and today, January 29th, will start the year off on the right foot. Much effort is being placed on streamlining functionality and simplifying the interface.
New Document Sub-menu
You may have noticed that fewer page changes/loads are occurring? More pop-up dialogues and other mechanisms have been added through the interface. For example, check out what happens when you click on the document indicator in the task list. A new menu appears. From this list you can preview (an image) or download. Read the Complete Post
Although the year is beginning to wind down and the holidays are fast approaching, our hard work continues. Our latest efforts continue to allow for a more simplified user experience. You may have noticed that you are no longer directed to pages for edits, instead we have placed pop-up dialogues throughout much of the application. You no longer have to leave and come back to your page to change a Status Group item for example, or to export a report. For those fans of bulk updates, we have something special for you too!
Bulk task updates
Are those cheers I hear? Read the Complete Post
Our development team has spent much of the last couple of months making code adjustments on the heels of the massive September 10th update. However, we have managed to include many new great features during this time as well.
Create tasks by email
One enhancement that users may greatly appreciate is the ability to create a task directly from an email. There are many situations when this could be very useful. For example, a form from a webpage could collect information and send this information directly into AceProject as a Task. Tasks created within this project can be auto-assigned with email notifications sent to inform users of work that is to be done. Read the Complete Post
The summer did not stop the evolution of AceProject. Don’t worry, we had time to squeeze in a little vacation, enjoy family and friends, take in lots of sun, etc.
There is a balance to be struck between the powerful features that we implemented and the ease of use that come along with them. We think we succeeded with these latest enhancements. Tell us what you think!
Custom Task Report Enhancements
Custom Task Reports are one of the most frequently used features within AceProject. They allow the extraction and presentation of all tasks filtered to your precise needs. Many useful features have been added to allow more control over the editing and listing within the generated reports. Read the Complete Post
After the sweeping changes to the timesheets, our latest development work might well have gone unnoticed. However, these have significant ramifications in terms of the ability to simplify the interface for users who do not need to record time or run time reports in AceProject. In the process, actual hours can now be veiled throughout from specific users (for instance, your clients). All this power in a single checkbox!
Here are the latest enhancements:
- Time Module now can be disabled at the account and user levels. When the Time Module is disabled, the left menu and top frame pulldowns no longer display items related to the time module.
Have you noticed that you can now edit existing time items directly in your weekly timesheet screen (now called the “My Time” page) and navigate through the time boxes using your keyboard (Tab, Shift-Tab and arrow keys)?
Additionally, AceProject now anticipates the projects and tasks you might want to record time on in your current week based on the projects and tasks you entered time on in the previous “nonzero time” weekly timesheet. Behold the “Proposed Time Items” section! Items therein are only virtual but they turn into “real” time items as soon as you start adding time on them (directly in the “My Time” page, of course!). Read the Complete Post
Time Sheets have been the story in the last month! The way users will record their hours has been rethought. Our development team’s focus has been on making time entry quicker. Amongst other changes, having to create one’s weekly timesheet is a thing of the past.
Time Entry Improvements
- Selecting Home > Time > My Time automatically opens the user’s current weekly timesheet.
- “My Time” added in Home tab default pages options.
- Weekly timesheets now created transparently. “Add a New Week” button and “Auto create weeks” option removed.
- Timeline navigation tools added in “My Time”.
- “Add Time…” drop-down now lists recent projects 1st followed by other assigned projects, grouped by Project Type.
Here are just some of the improvements we’ve made to AceProject in the last month.
Time Reports and Time Approval Improvements
Time management is a key part of AceProject and it was our priority for 2013 to address issues our clients are facing from time entry to time reporting and approval. Here is a summary of some of the enhancements we have delivered:
- Administrators and project managers can now create time items for other users in time approval areas of the interface.
- Time reports now support a 2-level breakdown and allows users to select fields to display.
- A daily view has been added in time report options.
We have made big improvements in our Time Tracking module. Hope you’ll enjoy!
- We added the daily view. When generating a time report, you can now select “View by Day”.
- A 2-level breakdown is now supported. For example, you can generate a weekly time report grouped by users, or a monthly time report grouped by project. Eight (8) fields are available for groupings.
- Users may now select the fields they wish to see displayed in time reports and specify their sorting criteria.
- Summarize your time reports using our new “Show only totals and subtotals” option.
Time Entry and Approval
- Some members of your staff may not have access to AceProject or to its timesheets.