- You can now create several task statuses corresponding to “completed,” such as closed, cancelled, history, etc.
- Time approval has been redefined to make a distinction between a time sheet that has not been submitted for approval and one for which an approval request has been sent.
- A completed task now opens in read-only mode. If you have the required access rights, you can reopen it by changing its status on the completed task page.
Archive: News & Updates Subscribe
- The new report on time sheets helps you get an overview of the human resources required for one or all projects. Produce a weekly or monthly report, choose users, dates, and time sheet status. This convenient report pops up in a new window and is ready to be printed.
- Administrators now have their own Gantt chart, where they can see all projects at once, or one project at a time.
- In the My Tasks page under the My Office tab, we have added the Quick Task Creation Box: simply choose your assigned project and click a button to create a new task without having to open a project.
- On the Edit Task page, a Properties icon takes you directly to the project configuration page.
- The system now checks that simultaneous changes do not cause data loss: when two users are making changes to a task simultaneously, AceProject will stop the second user’s update from overwriting the first user’s modifications.
- Daily and weekly totals are now displayed in the time approval page.
- A drop-down list is available to choose the month and year in the project calendar.
- Ergonomics has been improved in the Add a Week page: you can browse one or four weeks in time.
- Project configuration is now tab-based to make navigation easier.
- User configuration is easier to use: you can now assign a project to a user directly from the edit user window – no need to click through to another page.
- Time approval has been added to the Administration tab: it is now possible to approve time sheets for all projects at the same time.
- Weekly time sheets now display daily totals for easier referencing.
- Supplemental information has been added to the discussion forum: you can now see the number of messages in a topic, as well as the date and author of the last post.
Time approval ergonomics have been enhanced to make them easier to use. You can now approve a whole week in one click, or browse through a user’s work items to approve them individually. This added flexibility lets you approve globally or in detail: it’s all up to you. Read the Complete Post
AceProject has come up with yet another way to improve communications: the Message Center. Send messages to a specific user or a whole project team, know when you have new messages waiting, know when others read your messages. It’s like having a private mailbox just for AceProject! Read the Complete Post
You don’t need to open each project to see your tasks anymore: the My Tasks page under the My Office tab shows all your tasks for all assigned projects. Of course, we have a search bar to help you sort the tasks by project, status or type of action required (assigned user or reviewer). Read the Complete Post
You can now create and manage a discussion forum in each one of your projects. AceProject permits creating as many topics as you need in a project. This helps teams improve communications while leaving a record of those conversations. Read the Complete Post
Keeping in mind our users’ comments and our commitment to constant improvement, AceProject now has a brand new, flexible access right structure. While administrator access rights have been slightly modified, normal user access rights have been expanded to permit tailoring each user’s access to their actual needs and permissions. Read our page about access rights. Read the Complete Post
Don’t worry about your account and login information: they will remain unaffected by the name change.
- AceProject will let you log in to your account with your FreeTaskManager login name and password.
- Free access will remain available as the Hosted BASIC package.