If you create a project (or have created one in the past) which you would like to use as a template to create new projects with, the first step in the process is to mark this project as a template. Here’s how.
- Select Home -> Projects -> Projects.
- Click on the project Number link to bring up the Edit Project page.
- Next to «Project Template» in the «Settings» area, select «Dynamic template» if your project is being monitored (is a real live project) or «Static template» if it is a «dummy» project and will only be used as a basis to create «real» projects.
- Click on «Update».
Now, you may create new projects based on the preceding template as follows:
- Select Home -> Projects -> Add a Project.
- In part 1 of the screen that will appear, select «Copy a project from this template» and then choose your template in the dropdown just right of this option.
- You may choose several items to copy over from your parent to your child project as you may see in the «Copy a project from this template» area.
- Complete the project creation process.
When you create a project based on a template, all Task Group, Task Type, Task Priority and Task Status values in the template are copied over to your new project.