Here are a few reasons why you might not be receiving one or several e-mail notifications:
- There is a typo in the e-mail address in your user profile. You may see and edit your personal e-mail address through “Edit my Profile” (avatar in top right hand corner of screen) .
- You are not set up to receive a task assignment/update e-mail notifications. Make sure the necessary checkboxes are checked in the E-mail Notifications section under “Edit my Profile”.
- For task assignment/update e-mail notifications, AceProject does not send out an e-mail notification to the user who performed the assignment/update unless the “Notify me when I create, update or delete a task” checkbox is checked in the user’s profile.
- For task assignment/update e-mail notifications, the user who performed the assignment/update might have checked the “Do not notify” checkbox prior to saving or updating the task.
- No email notifications are sent out when tasks in Static Templates are created, updated or deleted.
- For the daily Task Reminder e-mail notification, you must be assigned to or reviewer on at least one “To Start Soon”, “Soon Due” or “Overdue” task for AceProject to send you an e-mail.
- You might have some e-mail notifications being filtered as spam by your e-mail client application (Outlook, Gmail, etc.).
- Your mail server might be identifying AceProject email notifications as spam. This often happens when AceProject e-mail notifications have FROM and TO e-mail addresses from the same domain (for instance, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org). Under Administration => Account > Edit Account , in the E-mail Notification section of the page, we suggest you use the following configuration (which is the way AceProject sets your account up by default) to avoid such situations:
Default E-mail = email@example.com
E-mail Notification Sender = Default E-mail
Only as a last resort, and provided you are certain that AceProject e-mail notifications are being blocked by your mail server, should you consider setting up a custom SMTP server under Administration => Account > Edit Account. (option limited to certain pre-October 2014 accounts)