User level rights are specified in the user profile, accessible through Administration => Users > Users.
The first decision you must make is whether you want to set up a user as an Administrator or as a Normal user. If you setup a user as an Administrator, he/she will have access to all information across the entire account and will have full permissions throughout the account. If, on the other hand, the user is setup as a Normal user, he/she will only have access to information associated with his/her assigned projects and further permissions on those projects will be granted at the project level.
Optional rights for normal users which may be specified at the user level are the following:
- The ability to create projects (the “Can Add a Project” right)..
- The right to access the application or not (the “Status” right).
- The right to opt in or out of email notifications (the “Can edit email notification preferences” right).
- The right to have access to the time module (the “Can use the time module” right).
- The right to record time manually and/or using the Timeclock system (the “Time Entry” right).
- The right to have access to the expense module (the “Can use the expense module” right).
- The right to see expense data in all assigned projects (the “Can see expense data no matter what” right).
- The right to record expenses (the “Expense Entry” right).
- The right to approve one’s own expenses (the “Can approve own expenses” right).
- The right to see the contact information of other account users and to contact these people directly through the AceProject internal Mailbox (the “User Directory” right).
- The right to access the application help pages (the “Show / Hide Help” right).