Spring is well under way as a new release of AceProject with many exciting enhancements. In this latest release, a new Quick Add button menu and restructuring on the top right zone of the application. Now, no matter where you are in the application, it is always just a click away to add what you need to. Also, the Task Gantt chart has been upgraded adding on to last months modifications. Check out also the many improvements and bug fixes that have been done throughout the application. View the following video showing the Gantt chart changes, the “me” variable for reporting purposes, and more. Read the Complete Post
With the new year, AceProject brings a brand new document management module, new Gantt charts and increased flexibility across the system:
- AceProject now offers a document management system that permits associating files to each project. Moreover, users can lock project documents, thus protecting them from deletion or modification by other users. A comprehensive range of new functions has been added, including versioning and a folder tree-view.
- Two new Gantt charts have been created for projects. They display the advancement of all projects in the same window.
- A new filter has been added to project search bars: you can now filter projects by client.
AceProject 3.8 offers a new function and two improvements that will make your experience more effective:
- You can now create a client list and associate them to your projects. A client can be associated with several projects. A project can be linked to one client.
- Time reports have been modified to display comments about your time as well as data from the IN/OUT module.
- AceProject’s new menus are not only more ergonomic but also compatible with a wider range of Internet browsers.
With AceProject 3.7, following-up on changes to tasks is now much easier:
- A task history can be activated on a project basis. This permits knowing the date and author of all changes made to a task since its creation, putting an end to confusion.
- All comments entered by assigned users and reviewers are now saved in the comment thread of each task. This permits keeping exchanges between all persons working on the same task.
- AceProject’s contextual help is now available in French. French-speaking users now have access to the same help resources as English-speaking users.
AceProject 3.6 introduces a wide range of clever new functions and improvements:
- Three new access right items have been added:
- The new limited administrator mode gives project managers an overview of all their projects without having access to account configuration.
- Timesheets can be completely disabled, keeping a user from logging time.
- Access to the User Directory can be limited or disabled. Hence, a user can only see users who are members of his or her projects or not see the directory at all.
- Project configuration contains three new default values fields: task Start Date, end date and estimated hours.
- Each project now has a contact section that displays the contact person for this specific project.
This new version brings far-reaching improvements to the AceProject system:
- You can now assign several users or reviewers to a task.
- In the message center, recipient options have been improved to permit multiple user selection, regardless of project.
- The printer-friendly version of a task has been optimized for readability.
- Statistics offer supplemental information regarding worked hours.
- Access rights have been modified: it is impossible to un-assign a user from a project if he or she is a creator, assigned user or reviewer on tasks.
2004’s first update offers many new functions and improvements:
- You can move a task to another project. Moving a task is a useful feature that lets you take a task from one project and transfer it to another project without loosing parameters, file attachments or comments.
- You can receive an email notification when a new file is attached to a task or when a file attachment is deleted.
- There is a color code in the calendar: tasks in green start on that day, tasks in red end on that day and tasks in black start and end on thesame day.
- Time report filters have been improved.
Our new Hosted GOLD package offers remote connection options:
- Your hosted account has its own independent SQL Server 2000 database. You can connect remotely with Enterprise Manager or Query Analyser to query your data in real time.
- You get an FTP account from which you can download your file attachments and *.bak files.
This version features a brand new functionality:
- A new module is now available: the IN/OUT module. This module permits starting and stopping an automatic time clock for a task. Once stopped, the time clock will automatically create a timesheet entry. This offers better control to the administrators, as well as simplifies the life of the users, who don’t need to manually fill in their timesheet.
- The new IN/OUT module also gave us the idea to create a new access right. Administrators can choose how each user enters his/her time: manually, automatically using the IN/OUT module or both.
- AceProject’s pages have been reorganised to make them more ergonomic.
For this version, we improved AceProject’s flexibility:
- Tasks can be numbered with decimal numbers, which permits simulating task dependencies and regrouping sequentially linked tasks together.
- Each user can set his/her default sort parameters for task reports. This saves time when producing the reports themselves.
- A new access right now limits user access to a project: they can see their tasks without seeing the project’s other parameters, such as time sheets or calendars. By forbidding opening the project, the user only sees his/her tasks in the My Office tab, which is useful with clients and sub-contractors.
- Users with normal access rights may receive the right to create a blank project or to copy it from a template.
A few improvements were implemented:
- New date formats and time zone selection enhance user experience. Each user can now choose his/her own date format and time zone, or keep the account’s default settings.
- Opening a project is now easier, thanks to the drop-down list located to the right of the main navigation tabs.