Valentines day has just past. AceProject would like to extend this day and share the love with some new enhancements and fixes that aim to please. Over the past several months you have seen many small changes that enhance the user experience. This month is no different. Our goal is to make your workflow more fluid and provide you with the functionality to make day to day use easier. Many of the enhancements that you see in AceProject come from our users. Although they do not all make it in, we take in and discuss all submissions. Let’s take a look and see what is served up in this update, shall we? Read the Complete Post
- New date formats and time zone selection enhance user experience. Each user can now choose his/her own date format and time zone, or keep the account’s default settings.
- Opening a project is now easier, thanks to the drop-down list located to the right of the main navigation tabs.
- AceProject now sports its brand new colors and convenient animated menus.
- The Administration section includes two new reports and 2 new tools:
- Task reports by date and by user are now available in the Administration tab, which permits producing these reports for all projects at once.
- Your account data is exportable in Microsoft Excel format. This is useful for backups and importing the data into another software.
- A project deletion interface lets your erase a whole project or only parts of it.
- A task calendar is now available under the Administration tab. Moreover, bothcalendars can display their task list right in the window, which saves you many clicks!
- Our Gantt charts have been completely redesigned. The charts are available on ayearly or quarterly basis, which is better suited to the nature of these tools.
- Wherever tasks are displayed, you will find a link to a printer-friendly version of the task list. On top of printing all tasks at once, this page lets you decide how many tasks to print on each page.
- A new task report has been added to enable searches on the date fields of a task : creation, last update, start, and due dates.
- You can now create several task statuses corresponding to “completed,” such as closed, cancelled, history, etc.
- Time approval has been redefined to make a distinction between a time sheet that has not been submitted for approval and one for which an approval request has been sent.
- A completed task now opens in read-only mode. If you have the required access rights, you can reopen it by changing its status on the completed task page.
- The new report on time sheets helps you get an overview of the human resources required for one or all projects. Produce a weekly or monthly report, choose users, dates, and time sheet status. This convenient report pops up in a new window and is ready to be printed.
- Administrators now have their own Gantt chart, where they can see all projects at once, or one project at a time.
- In the My Tasks page under the My Office tab, we have added the Quick Task Creation Box: simply choose your assigned project and click a button to create a new task without having to open a project.
- On the Edit Task page, a Properties icon takes you directly to the project configuration page.
- The system now checks that simultaneous changes do not cause data loss: when two users are making changes to a task simultaneously, AceProject will stop the second user’s update from overwriting the first user’s modifications.
- Daily and weekly totals are now displayed in the time approval page.
- A drop-down list is available to choose the month and year in the project calendar.
- Ergonomics has been improved in the Add a Week page: you can browse one or four weeks in time.
- Project configuration is now tab-based to make navigation easier.
- User configuration is easier to use: you can now assign a project to a user directly from the edit user window – no need to click through to another page.
- Time approval has been added to the Administration tab: it is now possible to approve time sheets for all projects at the same time.
- Weekly time sheets now display daily totals for easier referencing.
- Supplemental information has been added to the discussion forum: you can now see the number of messages in a topic, as well as the date and author of the last post.
Time approval ergonomics have been enhanced to make them easier to use. You can now approve a whole week in one click, or browse through a user’s work items to approve them individually. This added flexibility lets you approve globally or in detail: it’s all up to you. Read the Complete Post
AceProject has come up with yet another way to improve communications: the Message Center. Send messages to a specific user or a whole project team, know when you have new messages waiting, know when others read your messages. It’s like having a private mailbox just for AceProject! Read the Complete Post
You don’t need to open each project to see your tasks anymore: the My Tasks page under the My Office tab shows all your tasks for all assigned projects. Of course, we have a search bar to help you sort the tasks by project, status or type of action required (assigned user or reviewer). Read the Complete Post